No. 9 Clayton State women rebound, roll past Albion 8-1
ORLANDO, Fla. – March 9, 2012 – The Clayton State Laker women's tennis team made a nice recovery from Tuesday's tough defeat against Delaware State to record an impressive 8-1 victory over Albion on Friday.
The Lakers, ranked ninth in Division II, improve to 3-3 overall with their third victory in their last four matches.
Clayton State won five of its six matches in singles. Picking up victories for the Lakers were Ivana Krommelova (No. 1), Marie Cercelletti (No. 2), Hannah Keeling (No. 3), Charlotte Fabricius (No. 5) and Alyze' Pagal (No. 6).
The Lakers also swept the three doubles matches. Krommelova and Cercelletti rolled at No. 1, as did Keeling and Martina Dedaj at No. 2 and Fabricius and Pagal at No. 3.
Clayton State returns to Peach Belt Conference action next Friday (March 16) with a 2 p.m. match at Augusta State.
CLAYTON STATE 8, ALBION 1
1. Ivana Krommelova (CLS) d. Marissa Clouter 6-2, 6-1
2. Marie Cercelletti (CLS) d. Katie Blumberg 6-1, 6-2
3. Hannah Keeling (CLS) d. Irene Chen 6-0, 6-2
4. Sarah Towler (A) d. Martina Dedaj 2-6, 6-3, 10-5
5. Charlotte Fabricius (CLS) d. Marissa Messenger 6-1, 6-0
6. Alyze' Pagal (CLS) d. Leah Saurman 6-2, 6-1
1. Krommelova/Cercelletti (CLS) d. Clouter/Chen 8-2
2. Keeling/Dedaj (CLS) d. Blumberg/Towler 8-4
3. Fabricius/Pagal (CLS) d. Messenger/Saurman 8-0